When coming up with an idea for my blog, I wanted to do something a little different, so I decided to choose a Weekly Top 10 of various topics. This was one of the first topics to pop into my head: Celebrities I’m best friends with… In my head. Here goes nothing!
1. Cindy Hayes aka Black Cindy from Orange is the New Black. I’ve always been a fan of Orange is the New Black, and Black Cindy is no exception. I always tell my friends that if I ever went to prison, I’d want to be like her. I hope I never go to prison, I’ve seen way too many episodes of Lock Up: Raw. Cindy is hilarious, sticks up for her friends and is actually really intelligent, which I can really appreciate.
My favorite Black Cindy quote: “I don’t care about no ‘used to.’ I live in the present. Namaste and shit.”
2. Brandon Phillips. So, anyone that knows me knows and understands that I’m not athletically inclined. If I’m running, you should probably run too because something is chasing us. Anyway, being from Cincinnati, I feel morally obligated to love the Reds, even when they aren’t doing well. From hearing his “at bat” songs and watching interviews, I’m convinced Brandon and I would be best friends. He’s hilarious and… so am I.
My favorite BP quote: “I’d play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is bitch and moan about everything, they’re little bitches, all of ’em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear – I hate the Cardinals.” Lets be honest, what kind of Reds fan are you if you don’t hate the Cardinals?!
3. Chrissy Teigen. I think the biggest (and probably only) commonality between Chrissy and myself are that we both don’t have much of a filter. I will admit, initially, I wasn’t a fan of her, but she’s definitely changed my mind. She’s pure comedy and I want so badly for her to be my best friend. If you don’t follow her on Twitter and you don’t get easily offended, I suggest you follow her, immediately! She’s so real and SO funny!
My favorite Chrissy Teigen tweet: “I didn’t shower all day then I finally did and a fly followed me all the way to the shower. John said I’m the kid from Peanuts.”
4. Justin Timberlake. Helloooooo, childhood and awkward teenage years! Who am I kidding, I’ve loved him my whole life. Justin has always been there for me, whether I was skulking over my 6th grade crush or breaking it down during a 90s girl’s night. Watching him on SNL and Jimmy Fallon fill my heart with so much joy knowing that someone from a 90s boyband is killing it in the present day.
My favorite Justin quote: “You’re not meant to do what is easy. You’re meant to challenge yourself.”
5. Ellen Pompeo. Yaaaaaaaas! Grey’s Anatomy has been my jam from the beginning and following her on social media makes me love her so much. I may have originally fell in love with her character, Meredith, but my love for Ellen has gotten so much stronger!
My favorite Ellen Pompeo quote: “Strive to find things to be thankful for, and just look for the good in who you are.”
6. Bruno Mars. I honestly believe we should be best friends because we’re basically the same height. Just kidding! But, seriously, I could be in the worst possible mood and I’ll hear one of his songs and I’m instantly happy and ready to dance. Not to mention his concerts are THE BEST. I’ve been to two and the third is this summer! He’s such a humble man and truly makes me laugh.
My favorite Bruno Mars Quote: “Someone told me something that stuck with me: ‘You have to envision your life, and then go backwards.’ I have been living by that motto for a while, so I see where I need to be. Now I’m just backtracking and trying to get back there.”
7. Adele. She’s such a soulful singer, but she seems so down to earth! I love seeing her on shows like Ellen and giving interviews. Not to mention, she’s foul mouthed, just like me! I have a feeling we’d be best friends.
Favorite Adele quote: “I have insecurities of course, but I won’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.”
Preeeeeach girl, preach!
8. Matt Bellassai. If there ever was a person I’d choose to be my spirit animal, it would be him. His “Whine About it Wednesdays” still make me laugh until I cry. Anything that involves copious amounts of wine, whining and sarcastic humor is alright by me!
My favorite Matt Bellassai quote: “My body isn’t ready to confront the world until I’ve had at least 3 cups of coffee, cereal, a nap and lunch.”
9. Sophia Bush. I’ve loved Sophia Bush since she played Brooke Davis on One Tree Hill. I feel like I grew up right along with her. After watching every episode of OTH six… maybe seven times, I love her more and more. She’s currently on Chicago PD, where she is kicking ass. I love following her on social media and seeing how charitable she is. She’s always standing up for causes she believes in.
My Favorite Sophia Bush quote: “As a woman, I know you’re young, but you gotta hear it now: the most valuable part about you is your brain. Get an education; don’t let anybody tell you that your body or the size that you wear or any of that BS matters, because it doesn’t. Your brain matters, so be the smart girl in the room. Because, to be funny, you have to be smart, because you have to get the joke.”
10. Michelle Obama. She’s seriously the classiest woman I’ve ever seen. When she began as the First Lady, she immediately began doing everything she could for her country. I love to see the love she has for her husband, children and people from all walks of life. She’s taught me so much about myself and who I want to be as a role model and as a member of my community. I can’t thank her enough for what she’s shown me and the rest of the little girls in the world.
My favorite Michelle Obama quote: “You may not always have a comfortable life and you will not always be able to solve all of the world’s problems at once but don’t ever underestimate the importance you can have because history has shown us that courage can be contagious an hope can take on a life of its own.”
So, if you’re still with me, THANK YOU! I hope you enjoyed my first Top 10 list! In the comments, let me know who you envision would be your best friend… if they weren’t famous!
Love you guys,